Retire in Boise Idaho
Why retire in Boise? Boise Idaho is quickly becoming one of the most popular retirement destinations. If you love nature and easy access to museums, art galleries, music concerts, you will find it all in Boise.
This combined with low cost of living make Boise an attractive option for retirees. Boise and surrounding cities are home to beautiful senior 55+ communities, offering wonderful amenities and worry and maintenance free living.
Here are main reasons to retire in Boise ID:
◦ Boise River Greenbelt in the heart of Boise is the 25 mile stretch of parks, a great place to walk, run, bike or hike 85 miles of trails. With over a 100 of parks in Boise, there is always one close by. In winter, skiing is available at the local Bogus Basin (16 miles from Downtown) or other ski resorts nearby.
◦ If you’re a golfer, there are a lot of beautiful golf courses that are easily accessible and reasonably priced.
◦ Cultural activities such as The Boise Philharmonic, Ballet Idaho, the opera, indoor and outdoor concerts, many art galleries and museums
◦ Several shopping and lifestyle centers with a wide variety of shopping and dining.
◦ Mild climate with four seasons
◦ Relatively low cost of living and home ownership, no tax on social security
◦ Excellent medical facilities and care. Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center has been ranked in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for clinical performance by HealthGrade.
◦ Home prices are higher near Boise Downtown/city center and lower in surrounding area. Check out Boise 55+ communities
Find out more about Boise
Search Boise Homes For Sale By Price
New to the area? Check out our new Relocation Guide/Flip-book loaded with the Boise area information. Use now or later as a popular reference guide: